A fresh haircut. An eye-catching outfit. A new perfume or cologne. These are some of the things you may do as you are getting ready for a date with someone who has really captured your interest. However, there is one thing that can often be overlooked: your smile! Surveys have shown that a nice-looking smile really does influence your dating life. Read on to learn more about the link between your dental health and dating, and what you can do to get your smile ready for a date.
The Connection Between Dating and Dental Health
A beautiful smile can do more for you than you know…especially when trying to meet a romantic partner. In a Match.com survey of over 5,000 people, 58% of men and 71% of women said that a good smile is the biggest “must-have” in a partner. The research showed that your pearly whites make more of an impact on someone than your hair, nails, car, or shoes. One of the researchers for this survey believes the underlying reason for this is that teeth are a sign of health and can help people determine how much someone takes care of themselves, whether positively or negatively. Looks like your smile does more than just let someone know you are happy!
Top Tips For a “Dateable” Smile
The good news is that practicing good preventive dental care and improving the look of your smile is completely possible! Here are some helpful tips on how to get your pearly whites to shine on a date:
- Brush your teeth twice per day for two minutes
- Consider using a fluoride toothpaste to help strengthen tooth enamel for extra cavity protection
- Be mindful to brush your tongue to remove plaque buildup and bad odor
- Floss once per day to remove food particles between the teeth, stimulate the gums, remove plaque, and lessen inflammation
- Limit sugary and acidic foods which can lead to cavities
- Drink water after meals to help wash away sticky and acidic foods and beverages
- Visit the dentist for your dentist every six months for a checkup or cleaning
- Consider cosmetic dental treatments, like professional teeth whitening or veneers, to achieve your picture-perfect smile
Many things can lead you to find that special someone, including your teeth! By caring for your dental health, your smile is sure to be bright and healthy…and ready for your next dating adventure.
About the Practice
Juno Beach Smiles can help you achieve your healthiest, most beautiful smile through the expertise of its two dental experts. With a commitment to providing high-quality dentistry with comfort, they offer a wide range of services, including preventive and cosmetic dental treatments. By using advanced dental technology and personalized plans, they are eager to keep your teeth in top condition. To schedule a consultation, visit their website or call (561) 622-7243.