Rotating your tires. Changing your clocks. Seeing your Jupiter dentist. While there are more than a few things you should take care of at least twice a year, receiving regular dental care from your oral health pro is the most important. Why? When it comes to your smile – and your overall health – an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. If it’s been longer than six months since your last visit, or you’re looking for a new dentist in Jupiter, Juno Beach Smiles can make sure your smile is in tip-top shape. In this post, our team explains why it’s so important to visit us at least twice a year.
Why Are Twice Yearly Dental Visits Important?
As respected professionals with compassionate chairside manners, Dr. Greg Riley and Dr. Duane Keuning know that regular visits with him will help keep your oral health up to par. Preventive dental care every six months assists with the following:
- Get a Deep Clean – Even if you brush and floss properly, no at-home oral care regimen will replace professional cleanings. Plaque can build up no matter how diligent you are, leading to tartar buildup and cavities. Seeing your dentist twice a year removes these detrimental substances and helps you keep your teeth longer.
- Address Gum Disease – Did you know that half of Americans have some form of gum disease? Although this condition is common, it shouldn’t be taken lightly. You can prevent recession, tooth loss, and the need for costly dental restorations by seeing Dr. Riley and Dr. Keuning regularly to prevent and treat gum disease.
- Stay Cancer Free with Screenings – Seeing our team regularly is the best way to stay ahead of oral cancers. Since prevention, early detection, and intervention are key in maintaining a cancer-free status, screenings from your oral healthcare pro make help promote your oral, and overall, well-being.
- Get The Whole Picture – Unless you have a professional dental X-ray machine at home, you’re not getting the full picture of your smile. We use innovative digital technology to make sure we catch any dental problems that are below the surface of your teeth.
- Protect Your Entire Body – Oral exams can diagnose over 120 medical conditions. Our dentists will perform a thorough check of your head, neck, and lymph nodes, as well as your mouth, teeth and gums to make sure you’re healthy. If anything abnormal presents itself, we’ll make sure you’re referred to the appropriate medical professional. Although it only takes a couple minutes for our team to check for any problems, this care is invaluable to your comprehensive health.
So, if it’s been longer than six months, your teeth are missing out – schedule your appointment with Juno Beach Smiles today now that you know that regular dental visits keep your smile, and your entire body, healthy!